Cooking dinner at home is usually healthier and less expensive than eating out or ordering in. However, after a long, tiring day of work, it’s so tempting to grab a bite of your favorite fast food and call it a night. After all, who has the energy to spend hours cooking every night?
Thankfully, it doesn’t have to take a ton of time and energy to make a homemade dinner. In fact, you can whip up some of the best easy dinner recipes in less than 15 minutes! Here are five of our favorite quick dinner ideas that people of any skill level can make at home.
Ultimate pork tacos with spicy black beans and avocado green salad
This super simple taco recipe was perfected by celebrity chef Jamie Oliver.
- 350 g skinless pork belly, diced
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 400 g can of black beans
- Olive oil
- Cumin seeds
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red or green chili
- 2 small gem lettuces
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander
- 1 avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 apple
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- 1 lime
- 8 corn taco shells
- Chili sauce
- 4 tbsp fat-free yogurt
- In a large frying pan, add the diced pork, fennel seeds, and paprika with a pinch of sea salt and pepper. Stir frequently.
- In a second medium frying pan, add 1 tbsp olive oil, cumin seeds, sliced onions, and crushed garlic. Stir the beans in with the juices and let simmer. Mush and season the beans to taste.
- For the salad, slice the chili, lettuce, and tops of the coriander bunch, then half and chop the avocado and tomato.
- Drizzle the salad with soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil, and lime juice, then toss and top by grating the apple.
- In a small bowl, swirl a little chili sauce through the yogurt.
- Drain the fat from the pork and serve immediately with the taco shells, topping with the chili yogurt sauce, as desired.
Smoked turkey salad with raspberries
For an easy and healthy dinner, check out this tasty salad from Taste of Home.
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp jalapeño pepper jelly
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 8 oz thin sliced smoked deli turkey, cut into strips
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup feta or crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Whisk the vinegar, mustard, and pepper jelly in a small bowl until thoroughly blended.
- Then, slowly add the olive oil until thoroughly combined.
- Split the spinach between four dishes and top with the raspberries, turkey, basil, cheese, and dressing.
Spicy udon stir fry
Get this recipe for Spicy Udon Stir Fry from Seasons and Suppers, and feel free to customize with whatever veggies and proteins you like.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 cup green onion, sliced diagonally
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 14 oz soft vacuum-packed udon noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1-2 tsp Sambal Oelek or Sriracha to taste
- Sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Sliced green onion
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
- In a large frying pan or wok, heat cooking oil over medium-high heat until very hot.
- Add carrots and stir for about a minute before putting in the onions.
- Cook until both veggies are soft, then add the green onion, stir, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Next, put the udon noodles into the wok and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Pour the sauce in and cook for another 30 seconds while continuing to stir.
- Sprinkle the spinach on top and stir consistently until the spinach is wilted.
- Plate your stir fry and top with the garnish.
Honey mustard grilled chicken
This grilled chicken from Taste of Home is super tasty and fast to make. Serve it with a baked potato and some roasted veggies for an easy meal.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Mix the mayonnaise, honey, and mustard in a small bowl. Set aside about half of the mixture to use as a sauce.
- Spread the other half on the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a greased grill rack and cover. Cook over medium heat or broil 4 inches from heat for four to six minutes on each side.
- Serve with the remaining sauce.
Sun-dried tomato and basil gnocchi
End your day right with this creamy gnocchi and sun-dried tomato and basil sauce from Salt and Lavender.
- 1 lb uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly sliced basil
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the tomatoes, white wine, and mustard and cook for two more minutes.
- Pour in the cream and gnocchi, then cover the pan, reduce to medium heat, and cook for five minutes.
- Add the parmesan and basil, cook for a few more minutes, and serve right away.
Whether you’re in the mood for Mexican or Italian, a light dish or something more filling, there’s certainly something that you’ll love on this list. Cooking dinner for yourself doesn’t have to be a difficult process. In as little as 15 minutes, you can have a five-star dinner that beats anything Uber Eats could deliver.
BlissMark provides information regarding health, wellness, and beauty. The information within this article is not intended to be medical advice. Before starting any diet or exercise routine, consult your physician. If you don’t have a primary care physician, the United States Health & Human Services department has a free online tool that can help you locate a clinic in your area. We are not medical professionals, have not verified or vetted any programs, and in no way intend our content to be anything more than informative and inspiring.
- 10 indulgent desserts you can make in a 9×13 pan
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel copycat recipe: Easy homemade everything bagel seasoning recipe
- Supplies you need to host a modern, elegant dinner party
- 5 Items You Need to Make Perfect Date Night Cocktail
- 5 kitchen tools you didn’t know you needed