Some days, you wake up with naturally glowing, sun-kissed skin that looks like you just walked out of an appointment with a celebrity dermatologist. Other days…not so much. Well, how healthy your skin looks on any given day shouldn’t be a guessing game.
If you want glowing, dewy skin every day, make it a reality with a few of these easy and affordable skincare tips and tricks.
Stop these habits
The small things you do — or don’t do — every day can have a big impact on your skin. These are habits you should curb:
- Not drinking enough water: One major hurdle to flawless skin is dehydration. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and just like your other major organs, it needs hydration and nutrients to function well. Experts recommend drinking eight glasses of water a day for overall wellness, and this will be a boon to your skin’s health as well.
- Not getting enough sleep: Poor sleep is another leading cause of dull, inelastic skin. With ample sleep, your body carries out important internal processes that regulate blood flow, hydration, and cell regeneration, all aspects which contribute to healthy-looking skin.
- Neglecting sunscreen: Last, sunscreen isn’t just a product for a day at the beach. It’s crucial to wear sunscreen any time you’re exposed to the sun’s UV rays, as excessive sun exposure can lead to burning, dryness, sun spots, hyperpigmentation, and skin cancer.
Start these habits
Once you’re living a skin-friendly lifestyle, there are a few other habits to pick up that will maintain and enhance that youthful glow:
- Exfoliate your face: While you shouldn’t exfoliate every day, doing so once or twice a week will remove the dry skin, dirt, and oil that weighs your face down. We love Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula Sugar Facial Scrub because it’s free of parabens, phthalates, mineral oil, sulfates, and dyes. It’s also great for sensitive skin, so it’s certainly a crowd-pleaser.
- Exfoliate your body: Skincare isn’t limited to your face, so to encourage blemish-free, soft skin around your entire body, try Brooklyn Botany Brown Sugar Body Scrub. The brown sugar base is gentle enough for most skin types, and you’ll be left smelling sweet and feeling silky.
- Hydrate your skin: Along with drinking water, your skin also needs hydration in the form of cream moisturizers or serums. Serums in particular are ideal for dry skin, as the acids and vitamins penetrate through deeper layers of the skin to attack dryness at the source. TruSkin Vitamin C Serum for Face is our top choice because it is made with hyaluronic acid, a compound found naturally in the body that increases water retention, battles dryness, and prevents excess dry skin. TruSkin’s products also do not have parabens, sulfates, phthalates, or any other common skin irritants.
- Deep condition your face: If your hair is looking dull and lifeless, it’s likely you turn to a deep conditioner to inject some life into it. Well, your face might need a deep condition too. Sheet masks are one of the best methods for deep hydration, but mud, clay, and other varieties both cleanse and hydrate. If you don’t have a favorite type yet, we recommend Freeman Facial Mask Variety Pack, giving you an opportunity to experiment with four different varieties.
Keep your hands off your face
Our hands are full of bacteria, dirt, oil, and germs that we pick up while going about our day. When you then start touching your face and squeezing your pores, you transfer all that dirt onto your skin, resulting in red, splotchy, acne-prone skin.
While facial massages are a great way to stimulate blood flow, use a jade roller as a more hygienic alternative to your fingers. The Kimkoo Jade Roller set comes with large, small, and ridged rollers to reach every nook and cranny of your face.
Your skin will never glow if you don’t take care of it
There is no single, cure-all solution for healthy skin. It’s a time-consuming process that you have to commit to every day, so keep your skin hydrated, exfoliated, and protected from the sun. In no time, you’ll see youthful, fresh-faced skin without any expensive creams or treatments.
BlissMark provides information regarding health, wellness, and beauty. The information within this article is not intended to be medical advice. Before starting any diet or exercise routine, consult your physician. If you don’t have a primary care physician, the United States Health & Human Services department has a free online tool that can help you locate a clinic in your area. We are not medical professionals, have not verified or vetted any programs, and in no way intend our content to be anything more than informative and inspiring.
- How to set work-life boundaries when you work from home
- The best everyday face sunscreen that won’t cause breakouts
- Alkaline water vs. regular water: Which is better for you?
- The best yoga pants under $30 that still feel high end
- How to apologize to someone you’ve hurt so they know you mean it